Translate

11/21/2013

Rubicon and Status Update

With the recent update, I felt it was necessary to at least make a post regarding the update; as well as a status update for EVEoLution. I do want to mention some articles on the horizon, as well as a few key changes in the expansion that will be discussed thoroughly later on; as well new additions to the EVEoLution info hub.





First off the new expansion is full of great changes, and a lot pulling me make into the game. The one thing that I played with the most on the test server were the mobile tractor units. These are by far the most invaluable additions for mission runners, and ratters, increasing the ISK per hour ratio exponentially. With the new acceleration, and warping mechanics, PvP will be so much better for younger players; as they will now be able to fly around in a frigate, and pick their fights easily with the option of fleeing without issue.

With the new additions I would like to finally say, The EVEoLution Twitch stream will be live very soon. I plan to stream even when I'm doing simple market transactions, or even doing the simplest of tasks; so that anyone can see a video version of the things I've written about. Since Twitch has been added to the client, this makes it so much easier for me to do now. Either way, expect to see a Twitch link soon, as well as some videos to look through; including the stream itself.

After my summer break I realized how unhappy I was with my current place in EVE. While I thought for a long time that where I am is where I always wanted to be; this is so far from the truth.  I realized that instead of being around lots of people I could learn from, I simply put myself in the middle of the part of the community I loath the most. It's not to say everyone I associate is this way, but a good amount of them have that arrogant attitude that is becoming common within the EVE community. It's the "I know everything about EVE, so shut up", attitude that has pushed me away. So many of us just want to log in, and have fun; not argue about what is right or wrong in the eye of the beholder.

With all of that said, I will be looking for a new corporation for my main character very soon. I've been pondering what I wanted to do for a few weeks now, and really started thinking about what I loved in EVE, and what I didn't. One of my favorite times in EVE was when I lived in a wormhole, and surprisingly I noticed I had not written anything about them! So, within the next week or so, I will be moving to such a corporation, and posting articles about these scary places that actually turn out to be great places for everything in EVE!

Now on to more recent news. I'm still working on the capital ship article, and it has grown a big larger than expected. That guide will answer all the questions any non-capital player would have, as well as why they would want to train these monolithic ships. Unfortunately, I'm not sure when it will be published. On top of real life happenings, I'm getting ready to make my new EVE website New Eden Hub public, as well as helping another EVE group setup a new website. While I'm working on both of those things at this very moment (this article is on my break), I will always remember to work on the blog as well. Regardless, I look forward to publishing some new articles. Enjoy, and fly safe. o/

No comments:

Are you a first time visitor?


Check out our other informative articles, including guides, charts, "Making ISK" articles, our ship database, 3rd party app reviews, and more! Also be sure to check out our twitch video feed with in-game interaction offering you the best possible way to learn all about EVE Online.