Translate

7/05/2013

Mobile 3rd Party Apps

One thing EVE Online is well known for is it's API system, and all the applications and utilities that manifest because of it. Surprisingly a small portion of the great apps are on mobile devices, and usually overlooked. So in this article I thought I'd share some of my favorite mobile applications made to help EVE players benefit more from the game.



Aura  Android

First one is Aura. This app is your general Android-based EVEMon so to speak. It allows you to watch all your characters skills, mail, etc from your Android phone or tablet. Not only that it does have a skill planner which I found myself using quite a bit when I should have been doing more productive things. While it has a lot options in the works I plan to see this app literally explode with features once the CREST API system is released.


Neocom  iPhone

Neocom is by far the best EVEMon-clone for mobile devices I've ever seen. Not only can you set skill plans, you can base them off items, and fits from the built-in database. For market-traders it has a built-in EVE Mentat-like system where you can see all your buy and sell orders, what has been filled, and what is left. The EVE Mail feature is also a nice feature that you just do not see very often at all. I highly recommend this for any iPhone user.


EVE Industrial  Android

Ok, so I've mentioned this in two articles already, but now that I have the ability to explain the awesomeness of this app, I will do so. EVE Online Industrial Tool is like having your own industrial guru at your side. Using your character's API it will allow you to choose where you plan to buy materials, mine ores, where you plan to build it, how much it will cost to produce, and how much it will cost to produce with buy orders all based on your character's skills. It will also show you a pie chart as to how much of your material cost is made up of materials, ores, and what is left for profit. Manually changing the ME and PE will also show you how much you save, and how much more you can make. Each blueprint will allow you to see the price of building via buy orders, and how much if you gathered yourself.

Unlike other industry apps it has it's own built-in invention calculator which I've haven't seen anything as good as it since the old 2008 invention calculator that stopped development a few years back. You can choose to see the outcome with various decryptors, as it calculates how much you may spend getting the BPC, and how much profit you can make from each. Another thing to add is that it has a favorite list as well for all of your production plans, allowing you to pick and choose from any of the blueprints you've chosen as soon as you start it up. I will add that it may take a few minutes to setup at first, and I'm sure I'm forgetting about other features. If you have an Android I highly recommend that this app be on your phone or tablet to make production life easy, and retire those pesky spreadsheets.


EVE Trade Finder  Android

EVE Trade Finder is a neat little app for Android devices. The function of this app is to provide players with various price margins of items from all systems, allowing players to find a place to buy items cheap, and resell them to buy orders for a much higher price. It also has a route planner telling you how much ISK you are making "per jump" going to various systems. Great trading tool for haulers.


EVE Online Planetary Interaction (EOPI)  Blackberry

So if you're a Blackberry phone user like myself, you my think that there isn't anything EVE related for you to use. While that is almost true, there is EOPI. This is my favorite PI utility ever, even compared to the various sites out there. The reason being is that EOPI has a great feature where you can tell it what planets are available, and it will tell you all PI materials that can be processed from that group of planets. You may not think it's that great, but if you're in null-sec, restricted to one system, and want to make the most out of PI this is extremely helpful.


As usual I hope that this has been useful for someone out there. Look forward to the fitting guide that I thought would be done now, but has turned out to be a lot more information than I expected. Fly safe, and have fun. o/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All nice apps. Personally I use Evanova for Android instead of Aura.

DBrown said...

I should try evenova again. It showed a lot of potential, but it would crash constantly, and a lot of the features were "in development". I'll give it a try again on my tablet later this week, and add it to the list.

Are you a first time visitor?


Check out our other informative articles, including guides, charts, "Making ISK" articles, our ship database, 3rd party app reviews, and more! Also be sure to check out our twitch video feed with in-game interaction offering you the best possible way to learn all about EVE Online.